Our expertise in diagnosis and treatment of chronic and complex health conditions, combined with compassion and understanding, ensures your pet has access to the best care possible.
Our board certified Internal Medicine specialist at Premier – Chicago works with you and your regular veterinarian to provide the comprehensive care your pet needs. Our Internist has extensive training in all aspects of internal medicine and employs the most sophisticated diagnostic techniques in every case they manage. Patient care, diagnoses, and treatment is tailored to meet your needs and those of your pet.
We are experienced in the use of advanced diagnostic modalities, including abdominal and thoracic ultrasound, bone marrow aspirate, bronchoalveolar lavage, CSF taps, endoscopy, rhinoscopy, and cystoscopy.
Our skilled team is committed to providing your pet with medical expertise coupled with compassion and understanding. Our expertise in diagnosing and treating chronic or complex health conditions, including senior medical management, ensures your pet has access to the best care possible at Premier Veterinary Group.
Internal Medicine Treatments and Therapies Include:
- Gastroduodenoscopy – gastric/GI disease
- Gastroscopy – foreign body removal
- Video Scoping
- Abdominal, Cardiac, Thoracic
- Esophageal balloon dilation
Our Internal Medicine specialists may also perform chemotherapy and consult on many different problems your pet may be experiencing.
Examples of conditions for which your family veterinarian might refer your pet to an internist:
- Hyperadrenocorticism or Hypoadrenocorticism
- Hyperthyroidism or Hypothyroidism
- Pituitary Disorders
- Unexplained Weight Loss
- Acute & Chronic Pancreatitis
- Acute and Chronic Vomiting/Diarrhea
Hepatology (Diseases of the Liver)
- Acute Liver Failure
- Chronically Elevated Liver Values
- Immune-mediated Hemolytic Anemia
- Immune-mediated Thrombocytopenia
- Tick-borne (Lyme, Ehrlichiosis, RMSF, Anaplasmosis)
- Viral, Fungal, Bacterial
Nephrology/Urology (Kidney and urological Conditions)
- Acute & Chronic Renal Failure
- Chronic, Recurrent, or Resistant Urinary Tract Infections
- Feeding Tubes
- Parenteral Nutrition